As some of you may have known, my kid is a picky eater. I have offered him a variety of food since his Cerelac days (I do not want to go back to that), but all he eats now are just french fries, pork chicharon, bacon, donut, biscuits, cupcakes (depending on the flavor),watermelon, mangoes, juice, ice cream, frozen yogurt, milk chocolate and fresh milk. I think that is just about it.
Since I rely so much on french fries for his daily intake of carbohydrates, I have researched and experimented a lot on how to cook his french fries perfectly. What I mean by perfect is that he will actually eat them with gusto. I have also “perfected” the procedure that is easy to prepare.
I am not the best person to go to when it comes to cooking but this one sure does work for me.
Cooking Oil (just enough for frying)
* Yes, we’re just frying here.
1. Wash and peel the potatoes.
2. Slice up the potatoes. My MIL gave me a potato slicer that cuts the p0tatoes in strips.
3. Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
4. Add the potatoes.
5. Once the potatoes are cooked, use a paper towel on a plate to absorb the excess oil.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4. This will make your potatoes crispy and golden brown. Do not over fry or your potatoes or it will be tough to chew on.
Jack Jack loves his fries when it is cooked like french fries from fastfood chains. But I’d like to minimize the guessing of what exactly goes into his food so I try to cook it for him. It becomes easy because I cut down peeling and slicing time by preparing a lot and freezing them after cooking it the first time. Quality would still be the same after the second fry.
If we’re out and we need it pretty badly, I’d just drive thru a McDonald’s and we’d be fine.
I’m still looking for other food I could prepare for him in the most organic and natural way. It’s also cheaper, by the way. If you have suggestions, please shoot me a comment.