SSS Maternity Benefit Part 2: Computation

Sorry for the inconvenience. I just checked my links for the forms and it seems that the Official Website of the Office of the President is under construction currently down. I know I should host the forms but I’m lazy, remember? Besides, it would be a waste of web space redundant to host it if there’s like a ton of sites that are hosting the forms.

August 16, 2010 UPDATE: The Official Website of the Office of the President and Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines is now online!

This is a continuation of SSS Maternity Benefit Part 1: How to avail?

It’s all about the money!

Yes, it always is. More often than or before the requirements, the computation is always asked. Money makes the world go round!

Actually, the computation of the benefit is already included in the Maternity Reimbursement form in my previous post. However, I never really ‘got’ it until now. Here it is now, in as much clarity as I can explain.

For example:

• Contingency is May 15, 2010.
  • Start of Maternity Leave is May 1, 2010.
  • Monthly Contribution Table

1. Exclude the semester of contingency (Delivery, Miscarriage or Abortion). (Semester refers to two successive quarters ending in the quarter of contingency.) The semester of contingency is January to June 2010.
  2. Count 12 months backward starting from the month immediately preceding the semester of contingency. The 12 month period prior to the semester of contingency is January 2009 to December 2009.
  3. Identify and add the six highest Monthly Salary Credits (MSC) within the 12 month period preceding the semester of contingency. Refer to the SSS Contribution ScheduleOctober to December 2009 (P520) and then three more of the other months (P312). Look up from the SSS Contribution Schedule the equivalent MSC of the contribution P520 and P312. The total MSC which is the total of the of the six highest MSC’s is (P5,000 x 3) + (P3,000 x 3) = P24,000.
  4. Divide the total MSCs by 180 days to arrive at the Daily Maternity Allowance. The Daily Maternity Allowance would be P24,000 / 180 = P133.33333333333333333333333333333.
  5. Multiply the Daily Maternity Allowance by 60 for normal delivery or miscarriage or 78 days for cesarean delivery to get the total maternity benefit. However, in case a member dies before the lapse of 60 or 78 days from the date of contingency, the number of days to be considered in the computation should be from the start of the employee’s maternity leave up to the day prior to the date of death. The maternity benefit due to the member would be P133.33333 x 60 = P8,000 in case of normal delivery/miscarriage and P133.33333 x 78 = P10,400 in case of cesarean delivery. In case the member died on May 25, 2010, the maternity benefit due is P133.33333 x 24 = P3,200 i.e.  May 1, 2010 to May 24, 2010.

Are you happy with what you’re going to get after giving birth? I used mine for my kid’s first birthday party. How are you going to use yours? Share.

Did you like this post? Want updates from The Lazy Mama? Follow us on RSS Feed, Facebook Page or Twitter.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1. trisha ♥
    Posted July 14, 2010 at 6:52 AM | Permalink

I’m just quite amazed that you took the time to actually jot down all these information.

Thanks for writing about maternity benefits! i found it very helpful.

Keep posting!

I still have few questions though :)

2. The Lazy Mama
    Posted August 17, 2010 at 12:40 AM | Permalink

Hi trisha! What’s your question? I’ll try to answer.

3. Jena
    Posted September 30, 2010 at 4:43 AM | Permalink

Hi Lazy mama,
    Would you happen to know if I could still claim my full maternity benefits even if I continue on going to work after a miscarriage and not resting for 2 months?

4. Posted September 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM | Permalink

Hello Jena,

Condolence. I’m sorry for your loss. I believe you could still claim your benefit. The benefit is to compensate you for 2 months but it’s not really necessary for you to stay at home.

5. wendy
    Posted November 3, 2011 at 8:46 PM | Permalink

helo po. member po ako ng sss for 3 yrs po then ngstop ako ng payment kc ngabroad po ako. now po preggy ako for 2 mnths and planing to continue my sss payment po. you think my makukuha po akong benefit if ever icontinue ko/. thnx in advance
    more power

6. Posted November 3, 2011 at 11:18 PM | Permalink

Hi wendy! As far as I know, the contribution should be before you got pregnant. You can call their office if your past contributions got into the period required. If your contributions has been more than a year ago, they will say you won’t get any. However, I think you can pay ALL of your 2011 (Jan-Dec) contributions until January 20. You can ask them if that option will get you to claim your maternity benefit. Ask twice and different branches – to be sure. Hope this helps!

7. Posted December 6, 2011 at 2:11 PM | Permalink

hi Lazy mama,
    i juzt want to know the real amt on getting my maternity benefits??my starting contribution on SSS is on oct.1,2010 up to present .nagfile po ako ng mat.leave on may25,2011 to jul.23,2011..before that my EE on oct-may is P266.70,and april up to present is ang expected amt ko po na mareceive sa SSS ay p17,333.33,,pero ng matanggap napo ung cheke from SSS amt po nila ay 8,000.00 i wonder,why???bat po kaya nagkagnun samantalng ang laki ng nacontribute ko sa SSS..i need clarification!!
    thank you!!god bless.

8. Posted December 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM | Permalink

HI lazy mama.,,wen wil u answer my question??thank you

9. Posted December 7, 2011 at 8:35 PM | Permalink

Hi Julz,

It is possible that the months that were considered to be included in the 6 highest contributions are just 3 months. From the contribution table, 266.70 would equate to use 8,000 for MSC. 8,000 x 3 months = 24,000. 24,000/180 = 133.33333. Multiply by 60 if normal: 133.33333 x 60 = 8,000. Definitely a different number if CS procedure.

If you are still in doubt, I think it is best to go to an SSS branch so they could explain the computations clearer.

Hope this helps! :D

10. Posted December 10, 2011 at 11:11 AM | Permalink

HI LAZY mama..
    tnx for your response,,iniintay ko po ung accountant na lakarin nya ung problema ko..kung sakaling mali din ung SSS,mareinburse kaya nila ung kulang??
    TNX!!god bless

11. Posted December 10, 2011 at 3:20 PM | Permalink

If they had the wrong computation, I think so. They will tell you naman how they computed it e. :D

12. charissa
    Posted December 21, 2011 at 8:47 PM | Permalink

Hi! ask ko lang, Im a voluntary member and my EDD is on march 29, 2012. Ang last contribution ko is from july-dec 2011 at P520 monthly. Magkano po kaya ang makukuha kong benefit?
    Thanks in advance.

13. Posted December 22, 2011 at 7:32 PM | Permalink

Do you have contributions before you conceived? As fas as I know, the contributions used for computation as the ones that were made at least a year before conception. If you don’t have those, I’m not sure if you are going to get any. It’s still best to ask SSS. You can do it via phone but from my experience, they don’t give out the exact computation over the phone.

14. Faith D. Maddara
    Posted January 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM | Permalink

Hi, I started working on March 22,2011 and started my maternity leave last Nov 14,2011. I gave birth Nov 16,2011 via CS. How much do you think will my benefit be if my salary is 250/day? thanks..

15. Posted January 22, 2012 at 5:32 AM | Permalink

Hi Faith! To compute for your exact benefit, you will also need to know the exact monthly SSS contribution. The amount may differ from the contribution listed in your payslip so it would be best to get these amount from an SSS branch. Also, I think contributions should be existent before you conceived. I believe that is where the computation is based.

16. Posted January 25, 2012 at 10:59 AM | Permalink

hello,.kagagaling ko lng sss kahapon..sabi nila at least six months contribution daw within the 12 month period preceding the semester of contingency ang kelangan para makaclaim ng maternity bakit po s a guidelines nila at least 3 months contribution lng…nirevised ba ung guidelines nila??naguluhan lng ako…thanks po..

17. Posted January 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM | Permalink

I agree. That is a little confusing. Can you ask another branch for a second opinion? Try not to mention that you’ve already asked though.

18. wench
    Posted February 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM | Permalink

Dear Lazy Mama,

Good day…
    I resign from my job 1 year ago.. I am planning to get pregnant. I would like to avail the maternity benefit of SSS. However, I have an existing loan when i was working at that time. Can i still be able to avail the said benefits even if i have an unpaid salary loan? Or need to pay the salary loan before i can avail the maternity benefits.. please help.

19. Posted February 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM | Permalink

Yes, I believe you need to pay for the amount you borrowed before you can avail of the benefit. Still best to consult with an SSS branch.

20. Jennifer Ordineza
    Posted February 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM | Permalink

Hi Lazy Mama, i’ve read your response to Wendy. As per my understanding for your response, a member could still get the benefits even though she’s still working during the 2 months period. Thus this mean that the member still paid by her employer for the 2 months that she worked and still get the 2 months benefits from SSS? Am I right? Please enlighten my mind. I appreciate your help Lazy Mama.

21. Posted February 22, 2012 at 2:52 AM | Permalink

Thanks for asking. That is quite tricky. For sure, the benefit from SSS can be claimed. However, with your question as to whether your employer will pay you or not is between the employee and the employer. Best to ask is the company’s Human Resources Department. I believe the employer should pay you for the days worked, but I am not sure as to how they are going to compute those, whether it should be doubled or multiplied by 1.3 or something or just the same rate.

22. Arnulfo
    Posted March 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM | Permalink

Hi Lazy Mama, Actually this is my daughter’s question, if she can avail her maternity benefits considering that this are only her monthly contributions. she delivered last February this year,2012.

Monthly Salary Credit

Year Jan Feb March April May June July Aug. Sept. Oct Nov Dec
    2012 10000 10000 10000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    2011 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10000 10000 10000
    2009 8500 9000 5000 7500 9000 9500 0 13500 11500 5000 0 0
    2008 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3000 7500 0 1000 5000

Can she still avail the Maternity benefits? Please help me, so that I could explain it to her. Thanks

23. Posted March 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM | Permalink

Thanks Nonoy! The table is not making much sense to me as they are not aligned. Please refer to Part 1 of this post as it will list the requirements for her to qualify for the benefit.

24. chloe
    Posted March 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM | Permalink

hi po gud pm po ask ko lng po kung qualified po aq sa maternity,,kc po last 2006 pa po ung last contribution as employed wla po akong alam about sa maternity nun 2 na po anak q and ngaun po buntis po aq sa pangatlo kong anak ang due q po is august 2012 tpos nag start po aq ulit maghulog sa sss nung january 2012 qualified pa po kaya aq for maternity??

25. Posted March 14, 2012 at 4:01 PM | Permalink

Thank you Chloe! If you refer to Part 1 of this post, one of the requirements to be eligible for the benefit is “Member must have paid at least three monthly contributions within the 12 month period immediately preceding the semester of childbirth or miscarriage.” I believe the contributions that it uses for computation should be made before you got pregnant. I think it would be best to go to your nearest SSS branch to verify your contributions.

26. chloe
    Posted March 15, 2012 at 5:40 PM | Permalink

tnx lazy mama,,npuntahan q na po ung branch at sbi po nla qualified dw po aq naapprove po nla ung mat 1 q..tnx po ulit

27. Posted March 15, 2012 at 9:39 PM | Permalink

No worries! Good to hear that!

28. Cherry
    Posted March 27, 2012 at 9:33 PM | Permalink

Hi,I am due to give birth on September. I’ve heard that the maximum that one can receive for NSD is only 30K. I am a SSS member for 6 years now and I’m paying 500+ 500 from my employer so that is 1k monthly. All contibutions are up to date. I am earning more than what I can get if ever from SSS. I hope the 30K is not their ceiling as I am expecting to get more since I’ll be on leave for 2 months. I am getting way higher salary than this. Please enlighten me.

Thank you in advance.

29. herbert saturno
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM | Permalink

hi po lazy mama 1 year na po baby nmin last contribution ng misis ko 2007 pa tazz nag resign na sya,,mkakak kuha po ba kmi ng maternity benefits.?

30. jessel
    Posted April 3, 2012 at 1:37 PM | Permalink

hello po!

31. Posted April 5, 2012 at 5:54 AM | Permalink

Yes, it is correct that 30k is the maximum you can get for NSD. I believe the number of contributions and amount would have a bigger impact on pensions and not for maternity benefits.

32. Posted April 5, 2012 at 5:58 AM | Permalink

It seems like it has been so long since your last contribution that I feel your wife may not be eligible anymore. But still, it would be best to consult an officer from an SSS branch just to be sure.

33. Posted April 5, 2012 at 6:01 AM | Permalink

Probably, yes. Just make sure to go to an SSS branch to file your MAT-1. Since you’re there already, you can inquire na rin whether you’d be getting something or not.

34. apple
    Posted April 10, 2012 at 2:07 PM | Permalink

hi lazy mama d ko po magets panu macompute ang maternity benefits ko plss po can you help me ngfile po ako ng mat 1 ko nung aug 25 2011 when im in 2 mos preggy ang due date ko po is march 20 2012 then ang monthly contribution ko po is P266 but ngresign po ako nung oct. sana po matulungan nyo ako thank u po

35. Lyka Collins
    Posted April 12, 2012 at 2:17 AM | Permalink

hi lazy mama

just wanna ask something
    i started contributing in SSS last nov 2010
    i got pregnant last march 2011 then gave birth on dec 2011
    then i received 29,000 cheque
    di ko pa na declare na CS ako nun
    pano po ba computation sa MAT 2

Warm REgards

36. grace
    Posted April 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM | Permalink

can i avail of maternity benefits if i continue my contribution only this january after 6 years. may due date will be on december 2012…

37. cherry ronato
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 7:44 AM | Permalink

hi! i have a question.. what if with in the 12-month period prior to the semester of contingency 7months lng ung contribution ko? would i still get the full maternity benefit?

38. mai
    Posted April 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM | Permalink

hi po tanong ko lang po my contribution started april 2011 and mag-leleave po ako this coming may 1, 2012 my contribution every month is ee-300 and er- 636 a total of 936 ang contribution ko every month from april 2011 until this coming april 2012 mga magkano po kaya ang makukuha ko sa maternity ko??

waiting for your reply..^_^

39. anjo
    Posted April 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM | Permalink

hello! 5 months lang nakahulog yung partner ko sa sss, tapos separated siya from the company because I had her resign. Question, she did not continue to contribute, because she was informed that it’s not necessary just to get maternity benefits as long as she has 3 contributions. so is it true? and how much will she be getting? average monthly salary on 15k

40. Maria Gaycille U. Jacob
    Posted May 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM | Permalink

Hi ask ko lang kasi 1 year old & 2 months na baby ko pwede ko pa ba ifile ung maternity ko. ngstart aq jan 2009 to may 2010 contribute tapos ngresign aq npreggy aq ng june 2010 nanganak aq ng feb 2011. d kasi aq nkpag file eh ngaun contribute ulit aq nov. 2011 up to now. my mkukuha pb ko?

41. Jane
    Posted May 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM | Permalink

Hello po… i am 2 months pregnant and i want to know if i can get maternity benefits.
    i first paid my contribution april 2012 then i stopped. Now i want to continue contributing since i am preggy. i want to pay 6 months one at a it possible? am i still qualified to get maternity benefits??

42. leizel cajolo
    Posted May 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM | Permalink

Helo po,last march31 ngdliver po aq thru cs,2nd bb…katatanggap q lng po ng mat.reimbursement,but i wonder,kc i was xpectng of higher amount than wat i received,38k lng po ung nreciv..i xpect po kc,sss wil pay 100% of ur daily rate(my mnthly rate is 23k.)…yun una q pong mat.reimbursment sa 1st child q is ganun dn,38k way back mo.rate nun s 15k lng.,so ng wonder talaga aq…pnagbasehan ba nla ung 15k mnthly rate q?,this jan.2012 lng po ngstart ung 23k na rate q…please enlighten me..thank u po..

43. Jonna Tulang
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 1:57 AM | Permalink

Hi lazy mama,
    so thankful for your blog its so helpful.but i still need answer with this one. i gave birth last apr. 16 2012. my contribution starts on feb. 2011 to sept. 2011 those m0nths were paid by my previous emplyer 1,560 each m0nth,i resgned on oct. but i c0ntinue as a voluntary and pay 572 per m0nth until n0w..would i still be able to get the loan?i already filed the mat1.thanks

44. Posted May 21, 2012 at 12:03 PM | Permalink

helo.. gud morning.. gusto ko lang po sanang itanong kung magkano yung makukuha ko ng mat-benifits s SSS.. preggy po ko ngayon s 2nd baby ko at due date ko po s Sept. 17, ngayon po last first n hulog ko is Nov. 2011 hanggang ngayon po dire diretcho.. may acct. po ko s SSS at ang hinuhulog po nila is 780 kada buwan..magkano po kaya ang makukuha ko pagkatapos kong manganak?..

45. Posted May 21, 2012 at 12:06 PM | Permalink

kakapanganak ko lang po kasi nung May 2011 at nakakuha din ako ng reinbursment.. affected po b yung amount ng makukuha ko para s 2nd baby ko.. due date ko ngayong sept. 2012..

46. lucy magkilat
    Posted May 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM | Permalink

tanung koh po qung ilan buwan bago mareceive ung maternity reimburse koh..april 17 2012,koh po na sadmit…

47. cla
    Posted June 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM | Permalink

**hello po!
    i’m self-employed and im having my 2nd baby on august 2012,last year yung payment ko is only from jan-june and this year start ulit ngbyad..can i avail yung maternity leave?**

dAPAT JUNE 2011 to MARCH 2012 may 3 hulog ka sa SSS… when ka nagstart mag pay this year? if January, yes you can avail i believe… but you can try asking the branch if you can pay last year’s last quarter just to make sure…

48. TESS
    Posted June 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM | Permalink

hi lazy mama isa po akong ofw ask ko lang po last year nakunan ako at ngayon buntis ako 5 months babayaran ko po ng buong 1 year ung sss ko from jan-dec.2012 matagal na po ako nagbabayad as ofw pero hindi tuloytuloy..uuwi palang po kami next year pwede ko ba makuhanan ng maternity benifets ung unang nawala at ngayong kapanganakan ko ngayon oct.2012..tnx

49. Posted June 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM | Permalink

lazy mama ask ko lang po.. isa po akong ofw member po ako ng sss pero d po me regular na naghhulog bali 5 months buntis po ako ngayon due ko po ng october last 2011 d po me nakahulog pero dis year babayaran ko po ung buong taon ng 2012 pero uuwi po kami ng 2013 makakakuha po ba ako ng maternity benefits kahit po nakapanganak na ako..Dito po ako manganganak sa ibang bansa,wala po kasi ako matanungan dahil ang owwa po d2 walang sumasagot pagtinawagan sana po makapagreply kayo agad maraming salamat po..God Bless

50. minerva
    Posted June 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM | Permalink

Dear Lazy Mama,

i’m 6months pregnant now and already separated from my employer. the last contribution that was posted in my sss is for january 2012 amounting 1560 then nothing follows. i was planning to pay as a voluntary member just to fill in the remaining monthly contribution until i give birth mo September but to my shock, they’re asking of to pay 1560 for each month, which seems too much for of to pay since i an no longer working. if i won’t be able to pay my contributions from February to September 2012, will there be a chance for of to have my maternity claim check? big thanks for your help. GOD BLESS!

51. Norie javier
    Posted July 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM | Permalink

Hi lazy mama my due date is september 26,2012. The company deducted me 500 monthly for my sss. How much will be my sss reimbursement?

52. Jennifer B. Ubaldo
    Posted July 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM | Permalink

Ask ko po f magkano po kaya ung maku2ha ko sa Maternity ko.. My due date is October 24, 2012.. May to October 2012 semester of contigency.. 12 month period b4 the Semester Contigency is May to Dec. 2011(May 2011=988.00 & June 2011-988.00 then nag stop na ako working kaya wala na akong hulog from July to December 2011.. then continue ako as Voluntary January up to now ang hulog ko nmn po ay 312.00 so pano po ito i-compute???salamat,

53. feiane
    Posted July 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM | Permalink

hi lazy Mama!
    6years na po akong nagcontribute sa SSS and last dec 2011 was my last contribution kasi nagresign na ako. Nagpunta po ako sa SSS to avail maternity benefits and to address my concern… I cannot claim any benefits na raw po kahit sinabi ko na iupdate ko nlng ung mga loss months na d ako nakapagcontribute. Im due on Sept 27, 2012. I dont have any idea po kasi with maternity benefits ung friend ko lng nagsabi na meron daw ganun. Sayang nmn po ung 6 yrs na contribution ko. Do you think pwede akong mag update ng payment para makaclaim ako/ file ako for a maternity benefit? thank you po…

best regards,

54. joana
    Posted July 27, 2012 at 7:02 PM | Permalink

hi lazy mama,so confused talaga ako coz i have lapses on my payment..contributions ko lang from jan2012,then meron nman sa feb2012…at kanina nagbayad ako from EDD will be on sep2012 na rin..i was just changing my status from employed to voluntary kanina rin…can i still avail for their maternity benefit?
    i was submitting the m1 form kanina,at sabi babalik nalang raw ako pagkatapos kong this an assurance that i could get something from them already?
    just want to clarify coz naguguluhan talaga ako eh.. :)
    thank u!.. more powers…

55. lorelie cudisal
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 4:41 PM | Permalink

hi!ask ko lang kung pwede maka-claim kahit wala pa sss i.d.?

56. Posted August 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM | Permalink

how long do i need to wait for maternity reimbursement.. my employer sent the form last june 26 until now ala pa din.. usually gaano katagal? hope you could answer.. thanxx.

57. skyen
    Posted August 17, 2012 at 3:49 PM | Permalink

hello lazy mama, ask ko lng po sana kung may makukuha pa ba akong maternity benefit kc I started paying my sss contribution last December 2007, I got pregnant around march-april 2008, gave birth last December 2008 pro was not able to file for the maternity benefits,its been 3 years na since then,am I still qualified for the maternity benefits from sss?thank you

58. Annie Alfaro
    Posted September 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM | Permalink

hi mam,

naco2nfused po kc kung pano nkukuha yung computation ng maternity benefit, nagresign po ako sa dati kong co. nung aug. 2011 pero bago ako magresign nagpakaltas na ako ng contribution ko para wala akong laktaw na contribution, ngaun mag 1 yr. na ako sa bagong co. na pinapasukan ko nagstart ako sept. 16, 2011, i found that im pregnant this feb. 2012, right away nagfill up nako ng mat1 form at nareciv nman ng SSS, ang due ko is oct. 2012… am i entitled to received the maternity benefit kanit na mag 1 year pa lng ako sa bago kong pinapasukan????

59. Nars
    Posted September 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM | Permalink

Hi mama lazy,

Ako po ay may 2 anak, may 1st baby ang b-day po nya is,july 15,2005, and my 2nd baby ang b-day nya is june 8, 2006, cover po ako ng sss last quarter ng 2003, then n stop po ako ng buong year 2005, then nagwork po uli ako ng 2006, meron po me hulog ng 3 months bago ako nanganak last baby ko.then la po uli me hulog buong year ng 2007, nag start uli me ng hulog sa sss last quarter ng 2008 until now active pa po sss ko kc still nagwowork p po me. ask ko po maaavail ko pa po ba ang maternity reimbursement?thank you po.

60. Nars
    Posted September 14, 2012 at 9:15 AM | Permalink

2012 832 x 7 months
    2011 832 x 9 months
    2010 780 x 11 months
    2009 780 x 6 months
    2008 676 x 3 months
    2007 0000000000000000
    2006 feb , march, april,235 x 3 months
    2005 0000000000000000
    2004- ito po ang hulog ko ng 2004
    517,517,517,94,752,517,611,752,705,423 2003- 376 lang po. month of dec.lang po

maavail ko p po kaya ang maternity reimbursement?thank you po.

61. mhel
    Posted September 18, 2012 at 1:44 PM | Permalink

hi lazy mama..ask ko lng po if gaano katagal bgo makuha ung maternity benefit sa sss..nung 1st week of august ko pa po napasa ung mga requirements q..ska po door to door delivery po ba un o sa sss na din po kukunin..thx in advance ang Godbless..

62. Marizs
    Posted September 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM | Permalink

hi po lazy mama i just wanna ask if mkkapg avail po b ako ng mat. benefits khit 1o months plng akong membr ng sss bfore po ako mangnk?

63. Posted September 21, 2012 at 11:01 AM | Permalink

hi lazymama, i just want to ask! gaano po b katagal bgo makuha ung cheque po, after ma complete ung requirement q s sss ng maternity benefits? n finish contract n po kc aq so hnd n po…but then pinabalik aq ng company…so nk address n po xa s house namin…

64. Posted September 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM | Permalink

hi po..ask ko lang f qualified ako for maternity benefits. last contribution ko po is Dec. 2011.. due date ko po sa DEc.2011… pede ko pa po ba mahulugan ang January – August pra maka avail ako ng benefits?
    thank you in advance!!

65. Posted September 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM | Permalink

sorry..just want to correct..due date ko dis Dec. 2012…. thank you

66. tin
    Posted September 22, 2012 at 4:22 AM | Permalink

Is this still active?
    I just have a question. I have an existing salary loan since nov 2011, last payment made by my previous employer was May 2012, since I resigned. I’m now currently employed but my current employer haven’t deducted anything from my salary for that loan, however they are already deducting my salary for my monthly contribution, it just not showing on my online sss info. Any advice on what to do? I have plans na pumunta sa SSS, it just so happen na super busy and madami tao sa SSS ngaun, e buntis pa nman ako. Thanks in advance for your assistance and God Bless.

67. Posted September 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM | Permalink

Hi, my delivery date is sept 20 2012. what is my 12 month period prior to the semester?. when should i start contributing? thank you so much

68. liza cuarez
    Posted October 20, 2012 at 5:19 PM | Permalink

mam lazy ask k lang po maavail pa po b yun pag aaplay k ng maternityloan nag bayad po ksi ng july/dec2012 panga2nak po ako ng april2013 maaprobahan kya sya volentary po ako 312 binabayaran k sbi po ksi akin nun nagpunta ako depende daw sa banko kung pa2yagan ako mag loan ganun po ba yun?

69. ice
    Posted October 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM | Permalink

hi po, voluntary member ako since last year and my monthly contribution is 312.00, my EDD is Jan.16, 2013..mga magkano po kaya matatanggap ko na benefit from sss?
    thanks po.

70. sheila
    Posted November 1, 2012 at 4:41 PM | Permalink

hello lazymama,

can i still get maternity benefit? my contingency is oct 12, 2012. but i haven’t paid my contribution for nov and dec 2012. please reply. thanks

71. Posted November 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM | Permalink

ask ko lang po nagstart po ako maging sss member is last may 2012 until now nagkakaltas p din employer men i’m pregnant right now makakaavail po b ako ng maternity loan?

72. Posted November 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM | Permalink

how much my maternity reinbursement if second baby the first reinburement is 23,880. tnks

73. Posted November 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM | Permalink

hello po lazy mama,,,ngresgn po kc ako sa work ko nung lastwik ng jan.2012…bali po 2 1/2 years dn po akong ng work…pero my mga iba p kong nging work b4 don,,kya lng 5months lng po..ngayon po fregnant po ako ng 7 months,,,and ngstop n po ung hulog ko since nung ngresgn ako… ngayon po b my mkukuha akong benifits….b4 ako mnganak…salamat po

74. Posted November 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM | Permalink

hello po,,lazy mama,,,ngresgn po kc ko nung last wik ng jan.2012…2 1/2 years dn po akong ngwork….bali ngayon 7 months po akong fregnant….my mkukuha p dn po b kong benefits b4 po ako mnganak…salamat po…
    daisy ann cabaluna recently posted..Biting and Breastfeeding

75. Kashie
    Posted December 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM | Permalink

Hi Lazy Mama,

How are you? just wanted to inquire if i have existing salary loan that is updated or newly approved, can i still file for maternity?

please let me know. im planning to file sal loan and we are planning to conceive nex year.

76. gina
    Posted December 8, 2012 at 7:50 AM | Permalink

i just want to ask ung computation ng maternity benefits, makakahulog po ako ng 9 months till i give birth, diba po 6 months before the semester of contigency, pano po kung 3months (instead of 6 months) lang kc 9 months lang ang hulog ko. Pano po ung computation nun? [(1560*3)+(0*3)]/180 days? Hope to hear your opinion. Thanks

77. princess
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM | Permalink

Good Day Mama,
    i read the questions of julz
    Posted December 6, 2011 at 2:11
    .,.i had the same situation,im so happy you gave response,i just wanted to say ,,you help a lot of people including me, please continue to do it so, you are an amazing mother,, an inspiration,..thank you,,

78. erikalyn
    Posted December 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM | Permalink

hello po!!tnong q po sana ung sa maternity ko..kasi last hulog q po sa sss is may2011 employed po aq nung nalaman q po na pregnant aq nung jan2012 nagstart na po ulit aq ng hulog pro voluntary na q..wala na kz aq work after nung may2011..nagttka po kz aq bat 6500 lng ung nkuha q sa maternity eh cs pa po aq..bkit po kya maliit lng nkuha q?!tnx po

79. yen
    Posted December 20, 2012 at 5:58 PM | Permalink

Hi this is my total contribution table

Ill be giving birth this coming feb 2013.. makaka-avail pa kaya ako sa maternity benefit? magkano? sinubukan ko mag compute around 7k ang computation , hindi ko alam kung tama ba un..

80. bubu
    Posted December 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM | Permalink

hi. i just want to ask. i wasn’t able to file SSS Form MAT-1 (Maternity Notification) and i gave birth last month. do you think i can still get reimbursement? thanks

81. Posted December 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM | Permalink

ask ko lng po bakit iba yung amount na bibibigay ng company ko na maternity reimbursement sa amount na kinukuha nila sa sss mas malaki yung nakukuha nila sa sss sa binibigay ng company ko yung inaadvanced??? me tax ba ang maternity benefits???

82. Posted December 24, 2012 at 6:45 PM | Permalink

ask ko ulit kung yung miscarriage ko last 2007 pwede ko pang makuha sa sss??? ano dapat kong ipasa sa sss???gusto ko sanang dumiretso sa sss for that reimbursement???

83. shine
    Posted January 17, 2013 at 7:22 PM | Permalink

tanung ko lng po i started paying my sss contribution since april 2011, i am now pregnant and about to deliver on may 20, 2013 qualified na po ba un for maternity benefit? thanks for the reply need it badly.

84. Posted January 19, 2013 at 12:58 AM | Permalink

hi po ask lang po ako ok lang po ba sa separated member and ipakita ay certificate of employmet intead of certification of non cash?

85. iza
    Posted January 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM | Permalink

Hi po’ Ang last payment ko po sa sss ay jan-march 2012. Then buntis po ako ngayon, pero i will start paying my sss again this year. May ma receive po ba ako na benefits.

86. Posted January 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM | Permalink

hello po gud day,

tanong ko lng po nagresign po kc aq sa work ko last april 25 2011,kasi nagkasakit po aq un narin po yung pinakalast na hulog ngayon po 4 months pregnant po aq pwd b aqng maka avail ng maternity loan.kasi di ko naman nagamit sa sick loan yung sss q dati khit mag 2 years n kung walang contribution…tnx

87. Posted January 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM | Permalink

hello gud day,
    tanong ko lang po if mag fifile b ako ng maternity loan may makukuha po ba july 10 po kasi ang due date ko. last contribution q po nung april 25,2011 .nagresign po kasi ako nun sa work kasi nagkaskit aq kaya lng di ko nmn nagamit un for sick loan.

88. Jude Felix
    Posted January 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM | Permalink

Just want to ask what if i have not filed MAT1 because I’m still waiting for the ultrasound (w/ my baby’s heartbeat) but unfortunately I have miscarriage and as advised by my doctor D&C is not needed because my ultrasound after the miscarriage is clear, can I still claim for my SSS Maternity benefits?

Thanks in advance.

89. Posted January 28, 2013 at 7:05 PM | Permalink

hi,, I just started contributing to sss last July 2012.. I’m 9 months pregnant and my due is on Feb 19. My monthly contribution is around 1, 456 up to the present month. Am I entitled to get my mat benefits? If so, how much will I get? thanks
    Grace recently posted..Biting and Breastfeeding

Posted January 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM | Permalink

Good day,

ask ko lng po if ever ba nag avail ka ng mat reimbursement can you still avail of the salary loan

Posted January 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM | Permalink

Posted January 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM | Permalink

93. shane
    Posted February 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM | Permalink

I,m just bothered about what I saw in MY SSS for maternity benefit history.I gave birth jan 1998 to my second child but I can`t remember if I received the full amount of my maternity payment from SSS because there are dates there
    feb and oct 1999 already with two approved amounts. The other one that puzzeled me was when I gave birth to my first child aug of 1993.That time I,m not working anymore.I resigned from my previous job when I got married in 1992.But my MATERNITY BENEFIT History showed that they released an amount with 60 days (I think its for normal delivery) but 2 of my deliveries are under the caesarian sections.What will I do with this case? Who`s the proper authority to be asked?Can I still avail those amounts which I think were not given to me.thank you very much.

94. Posted February 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM | Permalink

Hi po,

Tanong ko lang po kung magkana makukuha maternity benefits ko kung ang aking contribution ay 312 per month lng po? Expected date ko po delivery is this June 21, 2013 tapos kakaumpisa ko lng po mag bayad sa this year 2013 din po. Makaka avail po ba ako?

95. ruth
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM | Permalink

hello po, im 5mos.pregnant with my 4th child, and i am thinking if it is just ok if i am not yet notifying sss, im planning to do that next week…

96. bhel
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 6:06 PM | Permalink

Hi!my due date will be on may 24,2013 and my monthly contri is 312,panu ba malalaman kung magkano ang makukuha ko. Tnx!

97. cheng
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM | Permalink

hi lazy mama,,,ask ko lang my mkukuha b aq pag mag file aq ng maternity?im 6 mos pregnant expected date q is may 6,2013,,ung contribution q sa sss nung last year 2012,2 months lang ung nabayaran ko makaka avail pa ba aq sa maternity benifits?

98. jira andres
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM | Permalink

asko kolang po sana kasi nagstop po ako magworksince 2010 di nako nakpaghulog then i nabuntis po ako ng 2012 ngfile po ako ng maternity loan naaprove po nila ung maternity notification ko tas itinuloy ko ang hulof nakapaghulog po ako ng oct.2012 to dec.2012 nanganak ako ng january 2013 may makukuha po ba ko?kasi nagfile ako ng mat 2 di nila tinanggap kasi daw po wala silang ikocompute thanks…

99. Lorraine
    Posted February 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM | Permalink

Hi lazy mama im 3 months pregnant now ,can i file for MAT1 and get benefits my date of delivery is july 25,2013 ill pay from month of jan to july?is it possible.?i stop paying since far as i know you need to pay 9 months before the date of delivery.thank you

100. katherine valdez
    Posted February 25, 2013 at 2:55 PM | Permalink

Are we gonna include Saturday and Sunday in the computation of number of days leave for Maternity or Caesarian?

101. jennifer
    Posted February 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM | Permalink

hi lazy mama..

nanganak po ako nung dec.03,2012 and caesarian po ako..ngresign po ako sa dati kong work nung january 2011 and february 2011 to march 2012 ngstop na po akong mghulog ng sss ngayon po simula ng nagbuntis ako april 2012 to dec.2012 nghuhulog po ako ng sss as voluntary contribution amounting 312 lng po monthly mga mgkano po kaya yung pwede kong makuha sa maternity ko?sa dati ko pong employer for four years 1500 monthly yung contribution ko march 2007 to january 2011 po.

102. Dawn J.
    Posted March 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM | Permalink

Hi, can I ask regarding sa SSS Maternity Benefit. This is my story, I had my first work in a company dated Feb. 22, 2012 (our company contribute 400/month to SSS) and I recently resigned effective on March 8, 2013 to my work. My concern is, Ive got pregnant 4 mos to be exact. And im planning to continue my contribution voluntarily after my working period. If I file for the continuity of my SSS contribution would I get my Maternity Benefit? My due is on Aug. 17 2013. My concern Ive heard that you must be atleast 2 years continuously had contribution to SSS, unfortunately my due is on Aug. 2013 ( so it means, ive only had 1 year and 6 mos contribution after birth) would i still get my Maternity Benefit? Please kindly need response ASAP thank you and much appreciated.

103. Posted March 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM | Permalink

Hi.gudpm,tanung k lang po 3yrs npo anak k.I was born my child to other,I’m cs also.I’m here in thephil.I’m voluntary also.mgagamt k p po kya mternity benifits k.312 po contribution last 2007until2011.start 2012 contribution is 520,mga mgkanu po kya mkukuha ko.tnx po

104. izzy

jul 1508 0
    aug 0 0
    sep 0 0
    oct 0 0
    nov 1560 0
    dec 1560 0

hi po! eto po yung monthly contributions ko. EDD may 28, 2013 po. sabi po sakin ng HR sa work wala daw po akong benefit na makukuha or kung meron man maliit lang daw po. kung tama po pagkakaintindi ko sa requirements, may benefit po ako. at sa example niyo, meron talaga ko makukuhang benefit. regular employee ako ng company pero floating ako since feb 2013 kaya natigil contribution ko. makakabalik po ako sa work by july 2013 kasi nagfile ako maternity leave 78 days starting may 1, 2013 most likely cs po ako kasi isasabay na din po tanggalin cyst ko. nagwoworry po ako kung wala ako makukuhang benefit, pambayad din po yun sa hospital bills. sa computation ko po 30k for normal delivery and 39k pag cs benefit ko.
    isa pa po, may makukuha po ba akong sickness benefit kung isasabay tanggalin cyst ko sa panganganak ko. sana po makareply kayo. thank you po.

105. izzy
    Posted March 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM | Permalink

eto po ulet contributions ko. hindi po kasi nakaalign. 2013 jan lang po kasi floating po ako starting feb.

106. izzy
    Posted March 29, 2013 at 11:31 AM | Permalink

additional info po. nagfile napo ako mat1. nacheck ko na rin po online, nafile na ng company ko nung 03-09-2013. nakalagay po status: accepted.
    nagtry po ako magcompute online. same po sa computation ko ang result. pero may disclaimer po dun.

107. janice
    Posted April 3, 2013 at 8:26 AM | Permalink

Hello po.. just want to know, I am currently employed and Im 5months pregnant.. could I still get full amount of the maternity benefits even if I have an existing loan with the SSS? Will they not be deducting the loan from the benefits?

108. abbie eunice
    Posted April 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM | Permalink

hi,lazy mama,
    Ask ko lng po qng mk2kuha po b aq ng maternity last n hulog q po is sept.2012 eh,pRegnant po aq ngaun!mkakakuha po kya aq,xlamat po!

109. Posted April 10, 2013 at 10:12 AM | Permalink

good morning ask ko lang po kung magkanu makukuha ko sa maternity sss

110. Posted April 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM | Permalink

good morning ask q lng po mgkanu mkkuha q s maternity sss

111. mildred macanilao
    Posted April 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM | Permalink

hi sis!can i still apply for maternity benefit
    if more than a year na since my delivery?im an ofw and i delivered abroad po.tnx

112. Posted April 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM | Permalink

gud pm po,

may i just ask,last work ko po is last may 2012 with P104 monthly contribution for 5 months and may 3mos. contribution po ako nung 2010 from my other work, i got pregnant sept.2012 then nag voluntary po ako ng P208 monthly and nag start po ako nung oct 2012 up to present, nag file nadin po ako ng mat1, more or less mga magkno po kaya ang maku2ha if ever.thank you in advance
    ybeth recently posted..Biting and Breastfeeding

113. pamela carin
    Posted April 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM | Permalink

hi Lazy Mama
    i am now 8 months pregnant on my second baby sa ist baby ko i recieved 6,000.00 only that was nov. 2011 tapos ngayon 250.00 po a month yung contribution ko magkanu kaya yung matatanggap ko? thanks for your answer…
    God bless

pretty mom

114. pamela carin
    Posted April 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM | Permalink

another thing ilang days po ba required na hindi papasok sa work.. 30 days? or 60 days? f 30 days lang yun lang din po ba ang babayaran ng sss. thanks a lot

115. che
    Posted May 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM | Permalink

i need help po, hnd ako maka move on sa maternity benefit n nakuha ko s sss. i gave birth po last dec2012 . iv been a member of sss sine 2004 p. although matagl n q member, my mga gaps po un kc nage end ang contact q. Hindi lang po ako maka move on s P3000.00 n bngay sken n maternity benefit, straight from january 2007- feb 2011 as far as i know complte ang contribution ko, nag resign po aq s work ng march2011 kaya nag voluntary ako hanggang sep 2011(316/month), oct2011-dec2011 hnd q n po xa nahulugan,january2012 n po aq nagka work pero july 2012 po start n hulugan ng employer ko ang sss ko.( i conceived march2012 and gave birth dec2012) pano po b compute ang sss maternity ?(1500 po ang contribution ko s sss since july 2012) how they arise s P3000, ini advance n po kc sken ang 30k kc pr magamit q n dw po, ngaun ang problema q, babawiin ito sken kc 3k lng na reimburse nila s sss :(

116. Posted May 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM | Permalink

hi po ask ko lang kun maka avail ba ako ng maternity benefits,,nag start ako mag bayad last January 2012 at expected manganganak po ako November 2013,,please po I need your advise,,salamat

117. Valeree Ramirez
    Posted May 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM | Permalink

May I ask if I am expected to give birth on august and I just got employed last January, am I still qualified to get the maternity benefits? Thank you so much in advance.

118. Posted June 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM | Permalink

Hi just want to ask pano pag nabayad sa maling SSS account number ung premium ko?my chance pa bang mabawi at macredit sa correct SSS account number ko? We still have the reeipt..san dapat ayusin sa pinagbayaran or sa SSS mismo?

hoping for reply..

119. Posted June 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM | Permalink

additional info to my first comment:

Im planning to have a baby na kasi this year and i checked my contribution kung makakaavail nako in case mapreggy ako by Dec..upon checking dun ko ng nalaman na sa maling account number naibabayad ung payment just worried na baka pag di nacredit back sakin ung payment di ako magkamaternity benefit

120. mae
    Posted June 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM | Permalink

Hi i just have some queries about my SSS maternity benefit. I am a separated member. I alreadyy notified SSS when i got pregnant, i already gave birth. I passed my MAT2 the birthcertificate of my son. They we’re looking for my COE and L501. So iwent back to my last employer to get the COE but they refused to give the L501 since i was tagged as AWOL. Is it still possible for me to claim my benefit eventhough I am unable to submit the L501. Thanks!

121. kaycee
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM | Permalink

hello po im giving birth this july .. may hulog po ako sa ss as employer nung august2012 to march 2013 maavail q ko kya ung maternity?

if ever n pwde po mag kano po kya mkukuha ko ang knkaltas po kc ng company ko sakin ay 300+ to 400 ? ang monthly salary ko po ay 9000..

122. Posted July 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM | Permalink

As ko po qualified po ba ko makakuha na maternity unang hulog ko po sa first job ko sa SSS 4 months start 2006 second 5months 2007 6 months 2008 10 months 2009 contractual lang po kc ako sa work ko 5months po akong pregnant October ako manga2nak po qualified po ba ko maka kuha ng maternity po as ko lang po

123. jinkie
    Posted July 9, 2013 at 4:56 AM | Permalink

hi.tnong ko lng po nagstart ako magwork ng august 17 2011 tas nhulugan po ako po tas nanganak po ako ng march 20 2012 .bkit po wla ako nkuha sa maternity nkpag file naman ako kya lng sbi po skn hndi daw po ako nkahabol sa cutoff ng sss

124. Vhianne
    Posted July 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM | Permalink

Hi Lazy Mama!

I’m currently employed. I’m 5 months pregnant now. When i was 2 months preggy i went to sss to file my Mat 1. Unfortunately sss told me that i’m not yet a member.

My company asked me to give the necessary documents and they will register for me during my first month in the company. I did. They have been deducting me from my monthly salary for sss contributions but i’m not yet a member pala.

So what i did is. I register to sss personally and i refunded all the deductions my company have been made. I registered March of this year. So my contributions starts maybe April. I will give birth on November. Am i eligible to receive the benefit or not?

Please help me. Thank You!

125. grace gurbuxani
    Posted July 22, 2013 at 3:05 PM | Permalink

hi..ask ko lang po sana if i can still avail the maternity in my fifth delivery..1 miscarriage and 3 normal and now im pregnant in my fifth..this is my first time to do the maternity..kase po in my pass deliveries wla po akong akong..ngayon lang ako nagwork and my contributions is now 18 months, until now im there a chance i can avail..kindly help..thank you in advance

126. yen
    Posted July 23, 2013 at 6:36 AM | Permalink

hi lazy mama, i wanna ask, can i still avail the maternity benefits, wala po akong alam dito nuon. I’m almost on my due date. may contributions po ako last year july- nov 2012 po kso nagstop ako nang work, right now, i’m working but wala pa po akong 3 months dito. pls reply asap

127. cheene
    Posted July 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM | Permalink

hi po naguguluhan po kaso ako sa computation. nangnalk napo ako last year nov 2012 pwro nakahulog po ako ng 4 na beses sa sss 998 per month . paano.ko po.macocompute un??

128. Posted August 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM | Permalink

Hi would like to know if eligble ba q makakuha ng maternity benefits?expected delivery aug. 21, d way o ng start aq ng leave ng april.. Here’s my monthly conthly cont.

Jan- 376
    Jun- 752
    Oct- 705

Jun- 832

Apr- 780
    Jun- 832
    Oct- 364

Jan- 780
    Feb- 780
    Mar- 572
    Apr- 936
    Jun- 312

Jan- 260
    Pls help me to compute.. Thanx :)

129. Posted August 8, 2013 at 1:58 PM | Permalink

Gud afternoon po madam..gusto lang sana malaman kung magkano makukuha ko sa maternity.isa po akung voluntary since 2009 po kc nagresign po ako sa work ko.umpisa na nagvoluntary po ako ay minimun na lamang po ang hinuhulog buwan buwan pero almost 10years na po ako as a member.ay sya nga po pala sa december po ako manganganak.tnx po and GOD BLESS.

130. eymie moreno
    Posted August 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM | Permalink

I just found out that I was pregnant ds august 2013 I have my contributions since 22011.. I’ve been in my company for a year now but I needed to quit my job. It ws the same month and year that I found out I was pregnant. Am I still entitled to a maternity benifit?even if I’m not working?? Thanks more power

131. Posted August 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM | Permalink

hello po..ask q lang kung pwede pa aq mag avail ng maternity sa supposed 2nd baby q..nagka ectopic po.. ung 1st baby q po is 5 month old xa at nakakuha na po aq ng maternity nung may..
    hara recently posted..Biting and Breastfeeding

132. sarah jugarap
    Posted September 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM | Permalink

can i still claim my maternity reimbursement after 3 yrs?..hindi kasi nai file ng kasama ko sa trabaho ung maternity reimbursement ngayon ko lng na check… pls. reply

133. JANNETH Briones
    Posted September 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM | Permalink

Just want to ask if sss maternity benefit is like sss loan that we need to pay monthly?

134. ed collado
    Posted September 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM | Permalink

hello lazy mama, check ko lang po kung tama computations ko for my wife, voluntary lang po ang hulog nya 312/month @ ang nacompute ko po dahil CS siya is 7800 tama po ba?

135. Posted October 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM | Permalink

Hi. Im newly pregnant and im confused on the semester of contingency in reference to my contributions and my benefits. I was jobless for a couple of months thus no contribution to sss while jobless. I was employed September 2012. This employer paid my contribution for October to March 2013 (6months total)the maximum amount P1560/month. I continued the payment voluntarily and posted payment for p1040 from April -July 2013 (4months). I haven’t paid yet my August and September 2013 contribution due to delays in my fundings. Do I still need to pay it maximum to qualify for the benefit? Im due to give birth October 19 via CS Operation due to pregnancy complication. Will I qualify to get the maximum benefit? Will I qualify for the maternity benefit anyways?

Please help me understand this. Thank you.

136. princess
    Posted October 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM | Permalink

hi lazy mama,

I am confused if Im eligible for maternity benefits.
    last month pumunta po ako sa sss, pina fill up po ako ng RS1 -self employed po ang nilagay ko dahil wala po akong work ngaun ang monthly contribution ko is 416pesos.
    Last month Lang din po ako nakapag hulog (september2013).
    I am now 14 weeks pregnant po ngaun at ang expected due date ko is first week of april2014..

1. makakuha pa po kaya ako ng maternity benefits? ?
    sakto nmn po bago me manganak makaka six months me na hulog .

2. how much po kaya ang makukuha ko? :)

tnx po inadvance. ..
    I hope u can help me po, this is my first time.

137. RIZZA
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:58 AM | Permalink

HI PO.. I GAVE birth 4mos ago.. i recieved my sss mat benefits(33800) tru cs delivery.. but suddenly my hr informed me yesterday that theres a mistake on their end.. so i have to give back like 7k.. im confused this the real process

138. RIZZA
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:59 AM | Permalink

my basic is just 13k .. thanks hope you can help me.. godbless

139. RIZZA
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 5:41 AM | Permalink

140. RICHARD
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:10 AM | Permalink

141. me
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 3:07 AM | Permalink

142. storm
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 5:59 AM | Permalink

Hi Lazy Mama,

Thanks for this helpful post. I just got a quick question. I passed my resignation letter effective on Dec. 5, 2013 and my due would be on April 15, 2014. I planned to go for a ‘self-employed’ member by this December and would continue to pay without lapses. I just wanna know, how much will the maternity benefit for the self-employed member be? Will it still be the same with what I can get if I’m still employed? You response would be appreciated. Thanks you so much! More power!

143. juvy
    Posted November 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM | Permalink

hello po.tanong ko lang i’ve got miscarriage last oct.31 tapos ngfile po ako ng salary loan after 1wek.wla po bang prblema sa pgclaim ko ng maternity benefit dahil sa salary loan ko

144. Gretchen
    Posted November 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM | Permalink

Hi lazy mama.. i just wanna ask if pano ko ma claim yong kulang sa maternity reimbursement ko..ang binigay lang kasi sakin ng employer ko ay 20,000 pero ang computation ng SSS AY 26,000. Ano kaya ang gagwin ko kasi ang na reimburse lang ng company ko is 20,000 kc yon lang naman ang binigay nila sakin pwede ko kaya mahabol yong 6,000 ko na kulang? pano po?

145. blueberry
    Posted November 12, 2013 at 4:35 PM | Permalink

hi ms lazy mama,just wanna ask po i had my loan last june then i resigned so d p po xa nahuhulugan..balak ko po kc ituloy ung contribution ko..wat if d po nbayaran ung loan pero tinuloy ung monthly contribution my mkukuha po ba ko maternity benefit if sakali mabuntis?my effect po b ung loan?tnx po..hope u could reply,,

146. blueberry
    Posted November 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM | Permalink

ms lazy mama i am just curious ung total po contribution po sa sss un din po ba ang bumabalik sa tin as benefits?or mas higit pa ung bumabalik?

147. kym
    Posted December 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM | Permalink

Hi!this post of yours is really helpful!I also want to know if i can still change my payment.Yesterday I paid 312 for this quarter and now we want to change it to that possible?

148. Posted January 10, 2014 at 1:13 PM | Permalink

Gusto ko lang po malaman kung pwedi po ako makakuha ng matirnity benifet kahit hinde po tuloy tuloy ang hulog ko at matagal na po ako walang sa ngayon..

149. Posted January 19, 2014 at 12:10 PM | Permalink

hi po,, ask lang po ako two years na po yung baby ko. then ipinanganak ko po siya noong oct2011 then yung last payment ko ay march2011,, pakaka avail pa po ba ako nang benifits/

150. Luzmarie Y. Rodillon
    Posted January 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM | Permalink

hi Lazy Mama!

I hope you can shed some light on my concern.

I just want to know as to where can I find from SSS website the online data entry for the computation of the maternty benefit.

Your immediate reply will be greatly appreciated

151. Marie padilla
    Posted February 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM | Permalink

Gud day po ask ko lng po september po me manganganak anong. Buwan po ung bibilangin sa kin sa maternity thnks po

152. michelle
    Posted February 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM | Permalink

Hello Lazy mama, may i ask if ano yung advisable na gawin.. magfile muna ng maternity or magchange status? im for 12 weeks pregnant then ill be getting married by next month… what would be the ideal thing to do?

153. jjai
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 10:50 AM | Permalink

Hi po ask ko lang po 2006 to 2012 my sss contribution po ako.2013 di po ako ng work.2014 i am starting my work. question ko lang po mka avail po ba ako ng maternity benefits, pregnant po ako ngayun.thanks po

154. dannah
    Posted March 1, 2014 at 2:08 PM | Permalink

gudpm po, gusto ko pong malaman ang computation ng maternity difference ko, pano po computin? nasundan ang panganay ko after 12yrs…magkano po ang magiging reimbursement ko sa SSS? how long po ang processing? nakuha ko na po ang ML ko sa 2nd baby ko…last oct. 14 po nanganak…pls. advice po…tnx

155. julie
    Posted April 22, 2014 at 1:11 PM | Permalink

hi, I’m 2 months pregnant.. my expected delivery is on Nov. 21, 2014. from June to December last year, wala akong contribution dahil nag-stop ako ng work. kailangan ko po ba magbayad ng contribution for the months of June to December last year para makapag-avail ako ng maternity benefit ko? January this year to present, itinuloy ko na po ang contribution ko. thank you!

156. Posted May 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM | Permalink

Nakunan po aq 7weeks pregnant na.. makukuha ko pa ba ang benefits q sa SSS kahit hindi aq nag undergo ng D & C?
    Amae recently posted..Biting and Breastfeeding

157. Korina
    Posted May 2, 2014 at 1:47 PM | Permalink

Gusto q sana malaman kung qualified ako makakuha na maternity benefit. Manganganak aq sa sep 2 2014,, heres my copy of my
    Latest contribution.

Nov 2013- 468
    Dec 2013- 832
    Jan 2014- 880
    Feb 2014- 715
    Ng march and april q,, hnd p nhuhilogan ng latest compqny q, now im separeted from my work should id be qualified to avail maternity benefit,, sana masagot po

158. Marian
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 6:09 AM | Permalink

Hi, I am a sss member since 2008. I just want to know if I can still claim my maternity benefit if I am supposed to give birth in other country. I’m now on my 8th month of pregnancy and my due will be on June 2014. I have a total of 47 months contributions and my last premium was August 2013 (date of my separation from previous company). Now I’m currently residing in other country and had stopped my monthly contributions as voluntary member but I am planning to continue and make advance payment this coming December 2014. If so I am still entitled for maternity benefit, what are the requirements needed? Is it possible to authorize other claimant since I can not accumulate the documents on my own and appearance to sign important docs.

Thank you.

SSS Member

159. Posted May 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM | Permalink

would is still qualify if my last job was 2013 March and for that, my company paid for only a month, ..but from 2006-2012 I have been paid for by my previous employer regularly?
    sarah recently posted..Biting and Breastfeeding

160. LEAD
    Posted June 2, 2014 at 4:39 PM | Permalink

ask ko lng po. dhl last 2008 p po last contri ko at nde ko natuloy. then naun may 23, 2014 po nalaman ko na buntis ako.
    at gstoko po snang ituloy ung hulog ko since andto po ako s abroad.
    makakkuha p po kaya ako ng maternity benefits s SSS. if babayaran ko un buong 2014 from January to decemebre. since Jan 17, 2015 pa po ang due date ko.
    thanks :)

prang same case po xe kay Mommy Chloe na aug and due date pero nagbayad frm January at naapprove.
    THanks :)

161. Krissy
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM | Permalink

Hi,ask ko lng po,yung friend ko wala pang 1 year sa c0mpany nabuntis na,i think mga 6-7 m0nths palang sya b4 xa mabuntis,pero sabi ng c0mpany wala daw xa maku2ha kasi bago palang sya, tama po b yun?3 years n po xa ngay0n s c0mpany,, thanks in advance

162. mhela
    Posted July 17, 2014 at 1:57 PM | Permalink

gud pm lazy mama nalilito po talaga aq sa pagcocompute ng maternity benefit gusto q lang po itry qng matutulungan nyu aq…august 31,2012 po aq nanganak ang i paid my ss contribution from jan-sep 2011 and jan-march 2012 how much will i get kaya po?? 200+ po ang monthly contribution q dun please try to help me po thanks po

163. mabie
    Posted July 28, 2014 at 8:13 AM | Permalink

ask q lng po kng may benefit akong mku2ha..If I continue my contribution as self-employed..I only contributed last april-nov 2013. My delivery is on dec.2014. Thank you

164. Ching mejares
    Posted August 12, 2014 at 5:11 PM | Permalink

Hello po..this year lang po ulit ako naka pag contribute ng sss but akala ko po pwede ko bayaran yung month ng may at June ni tong august but di na daw so binayaran ko nalang yung July to September na contribution this case po i have 66 contribution from before.i loan already before and I paid..ask ko lang po when po ako pwede mag apply ng loan?am I still qualified?salamat po

165. jlchadean
    Posted August 22, 2014 at 6:10 PM | Permalink

hi, due ko ng feb 2015 and planning to resign this coming sept 2014. may makukuha pa ba akong benefit kung di ako makapag-hulog ng contribution mula sept 2014 to february 2015? may epekto ba yun sa makukuha kong amount? may contribution naman ako mula april 2012 to july 2014. thanks

166. carla dc
    Posted September 6, 2014 at 11:51 PM | Permalink

hi,kakaresign ko lang po sa company ko nun august 18, 2014 then ung due date ko po is on oct 25, 2014.. magknu po kaya makukuha ko sa sss maternity? ska panu ko po make-claim?

eto po ung mga premium contribution ko:

feb- 1560

mar and apr- walang nakapost sa sss online
    august- wala din nakapost

167. Posted December 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM | Permalink

Hi. Po ittanong ko lang kung magkno mkkuha ko sa maternity last hulog ko nung dec 2013 nag start ako mag vulontary nung march 2014 nkapag file nadin ako mat1 @ mat2 wait ko nlng ung cheque pero gusto ko kasing malaman kung howmuch makukuha ko

168. nhereshyl
    Posted December 18, 2014 at 10:11 AM | Permalink

Hi!po..ask ko lng po..nakuha kuna po kc yung sss maternity ko..bkt po ang baba ng nakuha ko.?.inaasahan ko po makukuha is 21k bkt naging 12k lng po..634 po hulog ko every..month..pls rplay..thank you..

169. Posted April 24, 2015 at 4:20 PM | Permalink

Hello. Ask ko lng po if how long nrreceived ang mamaternity reimbursement? Kk file ko lang po ngyon

170. jehla
    Posted May 7, 2015 at 1:02 PM | Permalink

Hi lazy mama..I just want to ask what should be the requirements when you backward pay the one month contribution because that’s the only missing..

171. Posted July 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM | Permalink

Morning.. Lazy Mama….
    I am still hoping i could avail my maternity benefits.. i’m in my sec. semester of pregnancy and I want to avail of the benefit the problem is i was not able to pay for 2 years bec. from private school i transferred in a public school were in GSIS is the one i’m paying right now. If i will pay my 2 years unpaid accountcan i avail the maternity benefit?

172. Posted July 4, 2015 at 8:21 AM | Permalink

i’m so much thankful for your response in advance!!1

173. Posted November 13, 2015 at 4:16 AM | Permalink

AFAIK the earliest is 2 weeks

174. Posted November 13, 2015 at 4:19 AM | Permalink

The best person to answer your inquiry would be SSS. Sila lang ang nakakaalam ng hulog mo pati na rin ng computations.

175. Posted November 13, 2015 at 4:29 AM | Permalink

The best person to answer your question is SSS. They should be able to compute it for you based on your monthly contributions.

176. Posted November 13, 2015 at 4:59 AM | Permalink

Ang alam ko sis maximum of 4 lang ang pwede i-avail sa maternity benefits. If you have availed your benefits from your previous pregnancies, you might not be able to benefit anymore.

2 Trackbacks

1. […] week, I’m writing about Maternity Benefit Computation.   No […]

2. […] The Lazy Mama AboutContactTerms of Service Skip to content « Breast Crawl SSS Maternity Benefit Part 2: Computation » […]