I’ve been meaning to do this post since last month but I never got around to doing it. So I guess if you see Jack Jack now, he might not look as close. But I’m planning to do the same cut for him before Christmas.
For the skin head cut, it was fairly easy. I can do it with my eyes closed. But with the Mohawk style, I needed to make it straight. And if you do try to create a Mohawk style on any head, you are going to break your own head to make it straight because it’s no joke. So without further ado, I’ll show you how I did it.
As what I did with the Skinhead style, almost the same materials were used:
- Hair clipper
- Hair brush
- Big shirt
- Masking tape (my secret weapon!)
Here are the steps:
- Have the kid sit in his high chair or any chair where he will stay for the next hour.
Tip: Place the chair in front of TV with the favorite program or place favorite toy in front of him. This will make him busy, I hope.
- Use a big shirt and clip to wrap around kid’s neck and body. Not too tight though!
- Use the masking tape on kid’s head to protect the hair that you don’t want to cut. Make sure that this is straight for the Mohawk style.
- Clip away!
- Brush any stray hairs so you can be sure that only the hair in the middle is left.
- Clip more hairs that you don’t want.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 as needed for best results.
- Remove masking tape. Do not skip the last step!
- Give lots of kisses and hugs to reward kid of his good behavior during the process.
So what’s with the hair? I find it pretty cute and in the hopes that since he did have that haircut now that he’s a little kid, he won’t be using the same style 15 years from now. Or so I hope. What do you think?