This contest has been closed. Winner is posted here.
‘Tis the season to be jolly! Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!
Christmas is coming up pretty fast and apparently my tree is not making any moves to be in the living room. He’s so like me, I know. One of these days he’s going to get it from me.
Guess what I have for you this season?
A giveaway! I guess you already knew that from the post title.
Yes, it’s my first giveaway! It’s about time, huh? *Doing the crazy dance!* I know this isn’t anywhere near Ellen’s 12 Days of Giveaways but I just have to celebrate a bit.
Well, before I give you the mechanics, I want you to get to know the giveaway first. It’s the Unimom Allegro! And by “get to know”, I mean really know because I reviewed this double electric breast pump. By the way, this contest/review is sponsored by Baby Mama.
It just occurred to me, that this is the 7th breast pump I have tried to date. So I figured that next time I’d release a table for breast pump comparison. I believe you’re going to find it useful. And please, if I forget (which is always the possibility), let me know. This Momnesia thing appears to have no fix at all!
The Unimom Allegro Features
Vacuum/Cycles Adjustment. You can adjust the level from 1 to 7.
Portability. It is small and lightweight.
BPA Free bottle.
The Unimom Allegro is powered by an autovolt AC adapter (100-240V) or 4 AA batteries.
Besides the bottle, there are only 3 parts to clean every session; the valve head, membrane and breast shield. Unless you opt to not clean it every time which is just fine. The air tube on the other hand, will need to be cleaned at least once a week.
Here’s how it looks like assembled and disassembled pump parts:
- 1/4 ounce in 20 minutes (same with the Ameda Purely Yours)
* Please note that my nursling is currently a 31 month old toddler.
- 3 months warranty
What I like most
I like that it is very easy to use. The buttons from the breast pump motor are very straight forward. I also like that it is small and lightweight (I think about 1 lb.). But of course that does not include the batteries – if you do opt to use batteries. See how it fits my hand?
Not to mention for the price of Php4,000 you have a double electric pump in your hands!
What I don’t like
Just like the Ameda Purely Yours, the sound is too loud for me. It does not have the beeping sound but instead it’s got a click sound at the end of each cycle. Like most moms, I’d like a peaceful sleep for the baby.
Also, because I’d prefer being mobile, I hope they would have a car adapter available soon.
This is by far the cheapest double electric breast pump that I have found in the market today. The sound, on the other hand, can be muffled by a pillow. But for it’s price and portability, the sound can be overlooked.
Okay, here’s what you’ve been waiting for!
- Contest runs from the time this is posted until December 25, 2010 Midnight Philippine time – Low tide and High tide.
- The contest is open to residents of the Philippines. Or if you have an address in the Philippines where I can ship it to in case you win – GO!
- The winner will be drawn using Random.Org.
- The winner will be posted here and will be contacted through email.
- Another winner will be drawn should the first one does not respond in 48 hours.
- I will check/recheck/remove duplicate entries that do not follow the instructions below so please don’t SPAM. I am lazy but I hate cheaters and I’m very vigilant about it.
- Now, here is how to enter:
- Comment on this page what is the feature you look for when choosing a breast pump (REQUIRED: 1 Entry).For extra entries:
- Follow @TheLazyMama on Twitter and leave twitter username in another comment (1 Entry).
- Tweet about this giveaway (1 Entry) and post the twit URL in another comment. You can have more entries by twitting everyday until the deadline. Use this tweet:
WIN the Unimom Allegro #Breastpump #Giveaway ! Enter @TheLazyMama blog: http://wp.me/p1aVo5-g1 Ends 12/25 #breastfeeding #bfcafe #bfchat
- Like The Lazy Mama AND Baby Mama on Facebook leave your FB name in the comments. The Lazy Mama link is also on the sidebar (1 Entry). If you’ve done this already then just leave your FB name in the comments.
- Post this giveaway link on your Facebook wall and leave another comment with your FB name below (1 Entry).
- Blog about this giveaway (2 Entries) and leave the link in the comments section. Make sure you post 2 comments for this to have 2 entries. Sorry, I’m lazy like that.
Good luck everyone!
UPDATE: Make sure that you put a comment on each entry that you make. For example, when you twit about this giveaway, you need to leave the twit link in the comments. Or if you like The Lazy Mama AND Baby Mama on Facebook, you need to leave a separate comment below. EACH entry should be in the comments; the more entries you have the more chances of winning!
VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE December 11, 2010: When twitting for the giveaway, the twit link should be entered in the comments as well. This is how to link directly to an individual twit – this is the link that we need in the comments. Please correct your twit links by posting another comment entry for the twit links if you have twitted for the giveaway. The incorrect links have been removed.
UPDATE December 14, 2010: Noticed a typo with the contest deadline. It should be December 25 Midnight Philippine time (00:00). The correct date is already reflected above. Also, please note that only approved comments are valid entries. If you don’t see your comment as approved, make sure that you have already posted the required entry (#1) and that you have the correct link for the twits. Let me know if you have questions. Don’t forget to post your entry in the comments for more chances of winning!