My very first nursing in public (NIP) experience was in a mall. Where else(?). As a new Mama and first time NIP my first born son, it was awkward. It’s like the first day of school. I felt nervous, conscious and uncomfortable. Not to mention that 3 years ago, there was only 1 mall that’s got a breastfeeding station.
I didn’t have a nursing cover at the time. And was lucky enough that I was at the only mall that’s got a breastfeeding station – in the country! Thank God that changed. After that, I purchased myself nursing covers and I never stepped into another breastfeeding station again.
In 5 months time, I scrapped the idea of a nursing cover. Jack Jack never got used to the idea of being “in the dark”. As all the nursing covers I saw REALLY covers, I nursed wherever, whatever. The thing is husband never got comfortable with the idea. And I think having a conservative community, people around me aren’t comfortable too.
Imagine my delight when I got the chance to review the Baby Bond Nursing Cover. Quite an introduction, eh? But I really wanted to tell you my background on nursing covers. Heck, I do not even care about nursing covers until this!
Among the three Baby Bonds, I chose to review the Baby Bond Couture in Hudson. I like that it can be used in two ways. I don’t have too many nursing tops so it is really wonderful that I can use it with or without a nursing top. Flexibility is always a plus for me!
Click on the image above for the instructional video.
I received the Baby Bond Couture in a really nice box. I’m quite the sucker for beautiful packaging. Good thing I could put it all back or I will never have the heart to open it!
Since Jack Jack is already a preschooler, we always have a great time while breastfeeding. Unless, it is time for bed, we’d be playing most of the nursing session. We’d be smiling, chuckling, snuggling, eye-fluttering and I’d be smelling and kissing his head.
If I had to choose one from hundreds or maybe thousands of benefits that breastfeeding brings, it would be the time that I have connected with my child. The Baby Bond allows Jack Jack and me to do just that.
What I really, really love about the Baby Bond Couture
- It allows us to gaze at each other’s eyes while nursing.
- It can be worn in two ways and be used on a nursing or regular top. See instructional video.
- Can be used from birth to toddlerhood to preschool.
- The ultra-soft fabric that would never irritate baby’s sensitive skin.
- Rolls-up real nice, Lightweight and can be easily stored.
- Comes in plain and neutral colors that are easy to pair with outfits.
What I don’t like
- Putting it on will require me to put baby down. Although I don’t believe this would be a problem with the other Baby Bonds.
I would definitely recommend this nursing cover to any breastfeeding Mama. It was great that this nursing cover covers without getting in the way of the bonding moment that a Mama and baby deserves. I was actually joining contest after contest after contest to win a Baby Bond Nursing Cover (and give it away here) before I was given the chance to review it. I never won.
But now I get to have my own AND you can have yours too!
Go to the Baby Bond website to buy the nursing cover at $35. During checkout, use the Promo Code “LAZY” to avail of the 25% discount. What a steal!
Win it here!
Baby Bond is going to sponsor a giveaway to one lucky Lazy Mama reader. The winner will have the option to choose any Baby Bond Nursing Cover at any color. August, 2011 is The Lazy Mama’s second year and also Breastfeeding Awareness Month so this is definitely a great way to celebrate these events.
- Giveaway runs from the time this is posted and ends on August 25, 2011 Midnight.
- The giveaway is open WORLDWIDE.
- The winner with be chosen using Random.org.
- The winner will be posted here.
- Another winner will be drawn should the first one does not respond in 48 hours.
- Each comment will serve as an entry. For an entry or entries to be validated, each should be entered in the comments area. For example: an entry is good for 2, it should be entered twice in the comments area.
- Mandatory entries are required BEFORE extra entries. Otherwise, your extra entries will be forfeited.
- Validity of entries will be checked even after the comments have been approved.
- Choose the Baby Bond and color of your choice from the Baby Bond website. Post your choice in the comments area.
- Follow the @TheLazyMama on Twitter and leave your Twitter account in a comment (1 Entry).
- Like The Lazy Mama on Facebook and leave your FB Name in a comment (1 Entry).
- Like the Baby Bond on Facebook and leave your FB Name in a comment (1 Entry).
- You can also post in the Baby Bond Facebook Wall what you’re planning to do with your Baby Bond (1 Entry). Leave the permalink in another comment.
- Blog about this giveaway (2 Entries) and leave the link in the comments section.
- Tweet about this giveaway (1 Entry) and post the Twitter permalink in another comment. You can have multiple entries by twitting once a day until the deadline. Use this tweet:
#WIN the @BabyBond Nursing Cover #Giveaway @TheLazyMama blog: http://wp.me/p1aVo5-nu Ends 8/25 #nip #breastfeeding #bfcafe #bfchat #bfing
Good luck Breastfeeding Mamas!
- 15 Other Stuff You Can Do While Breastfeeding or Pumping (thelazymama.net)
- The Baby Bond Birthday Treat (thelazymama.net)
- A Simple Breastfeeding Campaign (thelazymama.net)