UPDATED December 2, 2011: Contest is closed. Winners are announced here.
UPDATED November 17, 2011: Mandatory Entry requirement. See below.
Basically, when you are breastfeeding, the only tools you need is the mother and the baby. That’s it. Period.
However, I also enlisted before some tools to make breastfeeding easier. One of them is the nursing top. Because I was a SAHM/WAHM at the time I had Jack Jack, I only got a few nursing tops. Not to mention the fact that at that time, there were really very few styles that I could choose from the nursing tops available and my size remained petite (usually the smallest size to be is 34B which is a little lose on me). Only a few styles to choose from and fewer would be small enough to have the perfect fit. Well, that is my dilemma.
I know I just have to explain why I only have 4 nursing tops. Most of my nursing tops aren’t even small enough for me, by the way. I just choose the smallest size hoping that it will fit me nicely.
Now, I have one more to add to my little nursing top collection. Latch A Babe Nursing and Maternity wear just turned a year old and they asked me to review one of their nursing tops and also have a pre-Christmas giveaway. Yay!
I chose the black sleeveless top above for the review.
What I like about this nursing top
- It looks like a normal stylish top. Yes, it’s a nursing top!
- It’s got that stretchable soft breathable fabric to fit you when you would suddenly gain or lose weight. It fits me perfectly.
- This top can be used as maternity wear, nursing wear or even after you’ve stopped nursing.
- At first, I thought that this top is going to reveal a lot because it’s got that V-neckline but I was surprised to see another covering inside. You have two options for feeding access: Either you use that extra covering inside or pull the neckline down – whichever is comfortable for you.
- Since this style comes in plain colors, you can easily accessorize. Well, you can always accessorize with printed tops but I’m not usually the one who can pull that off. By the way, the top looks so much cuter with shorts!
- This top that I reviewed retails for Php700. Quite a steal for a versatile nursing top.
What I don’t like
Not much of a biggie but because the fabric is stretchable, your child can easily pull it down and could expose you when he gets really, really hungry. Although it can be a plus if you use it as sleep wear.
I’m not really sure how I got through more than 3 years of breastfeeding with only 4 nursing tops at hand. I guess I got along pretty fine by using a tube top inside a preggy-look top but it gets pretty hot in the summer days. But still, having a nursing top makes it waaayyy easier to nurse especially in public.
There are actually 3 prizes that Latch A Babe is giving away to three (3) Lazy Mama readers:
1 Latch A Babe nursing top of your choice
2 Discount Coupons worth 20% OFF quoted price from Latch A Babe
- Giveaway runs from the time this is posted and ends on November 30, 2011 11:59 PM.
- The giveaway is open to Philippine residents only.
- The winners will be chosen using Random.org.
- The winner will be posted here.
- Another winner will be drawn should the first one does not respond via email in 48 hours.
- Each comment will serve as an entry. For an entry or entries to be validated, each should be entered in the comments area. For example: an entry is good for 2, it should be entered twice in the comments area.
- Mandatory entries are required BEFORE extra entries. Otherwise, your extra entries will be forfeited.
- All comments will be approved. However, validity of entries will only be checked after the entry is drawn. If an entry is not valid, another entry will be drawn.
- Follow @TheLazyMama on Twitter and leave your Twitter account in a comment (1 Entry).
- Like The Lazy Mama on Facebook and leave your FB Name in a comment (1 Entry).
- Blog about this giveaway (2 Entries) and leave the link in the comments section.
- Tweet about this giveaway (1 Entry) and post the Twitter permalink in another comment. You can have multiple entries by twitting once a day until the deadline. Use this tweet:
#WIN the Latch A Babe Nursing Top #Giveaway @TheLazyMama blog: http://wp.me/p1aVo5-wa Ends 11/30 #nip #breastfeeding #bfcafe #bfchat #bfing
Good luck Breastfeeding Mamas!
- 10 Habits I Got From Breastfeeding (thelazymama.net)
- Why The Lazy Mama Breastfeeds (thelazymama.net)
- Manila Domestic Airport is a Mama-Baby-Kid Friendly Zone (thelazymama.net)