We have two of these Munchkin Mighty Grip Flip Top Straw Cup. The other one’s flip top doesn’t stay closed so we don’t use it anymore. Besides, it is easier to keep just one. It forces me to wash it everyday – a habit I’m forcing into my system.
But before I got this baby, I tried out several straw cups. I didn’t get to try all of them but I think it fits me best.
What I love about the Munchkin Straw Cup
- Does not leak even when it’s upside down. This is usually my problem with the other straw cups. I don’t like wet baby stuff inside a wet diaper bag. Well, who does, anyways?
- Less parts to assemble. Lesser parts means easier to assemble and easier to clean!
- Easy to clean. This is always a factor when I buy stuff. It has to be easy to clean or else I just might not clean it. I have these really, really small brushes that fits into the straw and is very effective for cleaning. Regular straw brushes should be fine. I don’t have a dishwasher but it’s dishwasher-safe. If you’ve got big hands, it probably wouldn’t fit inside the cup to reach every corner – you might need a feeding bottle brush. I understand this part because the size of it should fit a kid’s grip.
- Soft straw. The straw is soft enough (like silicone or is it really silicone?) to bend if it accidentally bumps or hits baby. Which means it’s also safe to drink from it while in a moving car. I guess. Jack Jack does this all the time.
- Replacement straw is available for purchase. The straw, like any other soft straw, is pretty easy to wear and tear with any baby’s biting. We’ve been using it for more than two years now and we’ve only changed the straws twice. I don’t really like throwing away the whole thing when the straw is the only problem.
- Grip. Grip is perfect for those cutie little hands.
- Size. It’s got the right size. Can easily fit into regular sized water bottle pockets in diaper bags, into kid’s bags or lunch boxes. Even if it’s full, the weight isn’t too heavy for toddlers.
- Colors. Cute colors. Also, the straws are usually white when you buy the whole thing. But the replacement straws come in different colors.
- BPA Free.
What I don’t like about the Munchkin Straw Cup
The only thing that I don’t like about this straw cup is that it kind of sprinkles a bit of water when you flip the top open. Jack Jack gets a lot of laughs from it so I’m pretty fine with it. However, the other Munchkin Straw Cup that we have doesn’t stay closed so that’s a negative for me. It started to be that way since I changed it’s straws.
All in all, if not only for the other straw cup that doesn’t stay closed, it would have been perfect to a tee. I have never gotten another straw cup because this works great for us. We bring it anywhere we go.
Any other straw cup you’ve used? How was it?